This was a quick character composition I put together for the Japanorama Event. Not sure if it will end up being used or not?
These are an example of what happens when I’m sketching out manga styles off the top of my head trying to find the right one for a particular project. I’ve probably drawn hundreds of crappy sketches like this over the years which ultimately get thrown away. They represent the worst of my ability, but thought I’d share them just so ya know drawing something good is hard! Even for someone who does it a lot.
I was going through some of my artwork archives from around 2000-2001. Some of it still looks just about okay even by current standards. Other stuff makes me appreciate how much I’ve progressed over the last 12-13 years! Check out my first Organic Metal site for more Old Art !
I’m now selling both my Microman and Microlady on eBay. Would definitely recommend buying a Microman for drawing reference. Beats those crappy wooden manikins hands down!
So for those who don’t know me, here’s a few short bios from the interweb to get you started before I begin posing my stuffs for your viewing:
From Organic Metal:
Born in Kent , England in 1982. I’d describe myself as a freelance illustrator and designer typically creating manga inspired character designs, although throughout the years I’ve crossed over into graphic design, photography and most recently, tattoo art.
After graduating from the University of Creative Arts 2006-2009 he was awarded a 1st Class BA Hons Degree and began working on high quality art and design projects for 100s of clients for years. This type of work Included:
* Hand Drawn & Digital Illustration for video games, books, magazines, covers, posters, web
* Character & Mascot Design
* Advertising Illustration and Graphic Design
* Book Layout & Design
* Logo and corporate ID
* Posters, Banners, Leaflets, Flyers, CD Art, Stationary
* Web Design, Photoshop, HTML, CSS, WordPress, Dreamweaver
* 1-1 Photoshop Tuition
* Photography & editing
Ben Krefta (born October 10, 1982 in the UK) is a freelance manga style illustrator & graphic artist.
Krefta has created several ‘how-to’ books on the topic of drawing manga, including ‘The Art of Drawing Manga’ (2003), ‘Step by Step Manga’ (2004), 'Digital Manga' (2014) and was also one of three winners of 2004’s ‘Character Design’ category at the International Manga and Anime Festival (IMAF).
Krefta currently works on a wide variety of art and design projects including: advertising, promotional artwork, web design and specializing in character design using a combination of traditional media and Photoshop. Some examples of these works along with more information on Krefta can be found at Organic Metal.
Interests and hobbies:
- Music- chillout, dance, electro/synth, chillstep, liquid drum & bass, euphoric trance, game/movie soundtracks and modern classical, classical crossover, new age, pop punk, some rock
- Art, character design, concept art, graffiti, galleries, comics, lighting effects, photography, digital design, sexy art, tattoo art
- Science stuff- quantum physics, technology and gadgets
- Debating philosophy and ethics, theorizing about the universe, and existence
- Internet forums & Blogging
- Saving money, bargain hunting & Business
- Sports: Climbing/bouldering, Table tennis, snooker & pool, darts, bowling, gym training, swimming, tennis, basketball, softball, bike riding, skateboarding, frisbee, kite flying, shooting, air hockey, martial arts and MMA
- Movies- Sci-fi, action, thrillers in particular
- Anime, manga and comics
- Video games
- Psychology- why people think why they do, techniques. Learning about new people, their beliefs, standards and opinions.
- Stand up comedy
- Personal development, life hacking, bettering myself, self-analysis
- Board games: Blokus, scrabble, pictionary, boggle, poker
- Modern Fashion, Furniture and architecture (with a sci-fi edge)
- Jamming on Keyboard, Music Creation
- Cars & Driving
Sign up to Newsletter
Bowsette Art Print - A3£17.99 – £27.99
Demon Slayer Tanjiro and Nezuko Print - A3£17.99 – £27.99
T-SHIRT Dio and the World - Short Sleeve TeeSale Product on sale
T-SHIRT Danganronpa - Short Sleeve TeeSale Product on sale
Japanese Geisha Wall Art Canvas£32.99 – £692.99
World War Skull Wall Art Canvas£32.99 – £692.99